Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
this Recipe is an AUTHENTIC 18th century English dish, normally reserved for hollidays. unlike most recipes that get changed over the yrs to improve flavour or apperance, this one has held steady for over 300 yrs,.. very simple to make,follow it exactly, and enjoy the strong aromatic smells that will fill your kitchen..a good stout beer goes great with this dish
- 1 large goose
- 6 slices salt pork
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes
- 1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup salt pork
- 1 teaspoon onion juice
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1 egg
- wash the goose thoroughly in cold water and wipe dry.
- salt and pepper outside of goose.
- begin assembling your stuffing.
- hot mashed potatoes.
- onion juice.
- crumbs pork.
- mix thoroughly.
- stuff goose with stuffing mix and truss.
- pin pork strips to breast of goose with tooth picks.
- place goose breast up in broiler pan.
- add water to bottom of pan.
- place in a preheated 350 degree oven for 2 1/2 hours.
- remove pork strips for the last 30 min of cooking.