Recipe by Martini Guy
In the 1980's my wife and I stayed at a charming Bed and Breakfast Inn in Eureka California. This recipe was the house speciality for breakfast. The Inn has changed owners since then but appears as delightful as ever and can be found on the Internet under Old Town Bed and Breakfast Inn.
- 4 sliced English muffins
- 8 slices smoked turkey breast
- chopped fresh dill
- grated parmesan cheese
- 8 basted eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the sauce by warming the milk and dissolving the corn starch in a portion of the milk.
- Add sherry to the milk and blend.
- Stir over medium heat until sauce begins to thicken.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Keep sauce warm.
- Butter English muffin and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Heat large skillet and toast English muffins buttered side down until toasty.
- On a plate layer each muffin half (cheese side up) with turkey and a basted egg.
- Pour sherry cheese sauce over each egg stack and sprinkle with chopped dill.
- Serve immediately.