Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Lovely on a cookie platter - gone first, you'll see. Truly old-fashioned delicious flavor. From the Old Farmer's Almanac recipes.
- Cook raisins with sugar and water for 10 to 15 minutes, or until thick, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice and butter.
- Let cool while preparing dough.
- Cookie Dough:.
- Cream sugar and butter; add egg and mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt, and add alternately to sugar mixture with milk and vanilla extract.
- Roll out a portion of the dough to 1/8-inch thickness and cut into rounds with a biscuit cutter.
- Place a teaspoonful of filling on the center of a round, then cover with another round and press edges together.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until golden brown (10 to 15 minutes).
Very good! I used my hand blender to puree the raisins as I was trying to mimic my husbands grandmas recipe and that is how he said she did it (filling the consistancy of jam) I didn't have lemon juice so I used Lime, didn't seem to make a differance. Let dough sit in the fridge for 2 hours before working it as it was a little sticky. A lovely simple recipe, thanks for sharing