Prep 10 mins
Cook 36 mins
Soft cake-like cookies
- 946.36 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 7.39 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 0.59 ml salt
- 340.19 g molasses
- 118.29 ml shortening, melted
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 78.07 ml boiling water
- Soft together dry ingredients.
- Combine all other ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and chill several hours or overnight.
- Turn onto well-floured surface.
- Roll to 1/4" thickness and cut with 3 1/2" cookie cutter.
- Sprinkle with sugar and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 9-12 minutes.
- Cool on racks.