Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
Keep the cracked wheat or bulgur from coming into contact with the water before mixing. Cracked wheat and bulgur quickly absorb water, resulting in a shorter and heavier loaf.
1 1/2 pound loaf
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup cracked wheat or 1⁄2 cup bulgur
- 3⁄4 teaspoon bread machine yeast or 3⁄4 teaspoon instant yeast
- Measure the ingredients into the baking pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Insert pan into the oven chamber.
- Select Whole Wheat Cycle.
- When the baking cycle ends, immediately remove the bread from the pan and place it on a rack.
- Let cool to room temperature before slicing.