Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love potatoes boiled in Old Bay....this is kind of a twist on the typical recipe. It is delicious, easy, and requires minimal ingredients. This one tastes a lot more complicated than it really is! If you are sensitive to spicy foods I would half or even quarter the amount of Old Bay used. We like it spicy so this is a spicy recipe.
- 10 Red Bliss potatoes
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- Wash and quarter potatoes and place in a saucepan.
- Add 3 tbsp Old Bay, cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Boil until potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes in a colander and then return to pot.
- Add butter and toss until butter is melted.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 tbsp of Old Bay (or more).
I used two cans of sliced potatoes and only used 1.5 tablespoons of Old Bay. I did boil them and drained them. I ended up adding two tablespoons of butter. My family enjoyed these with seafood tonight.
I've really taken a liking to Old Bay seasoning, and this is just one more example of it's versatility and goodness. I did not sprinkle with addtional Old Bay (missed that part of the recipe), but still found the potatoes very flavorful.
So easy, so tasty! Tastes just like the potatoes from a boil.