Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in the December 2004 issue of Southern Living Magazine. It's a new and refreshing way to serve okra.
- 1 (24 ounce) packagecut frozen breaded okra
- 3 (5 ounce) packages salad greens (I use romaine)
- 1 large red onion, coarsley chopped or thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 (15 ounce) bottlespinach salad dressing or 1 (15 ounce) bottle vinaigrette (T-Marzetti's Spinach Salad Dressing works well)
- Preheat Oven to 425 degrees.
- Bake okra in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- You may also fry the okra following the package directions if you wish to do so.
- Toss okra, salad greens, onion& walnuts in a large serving bowl.
- Heat the salad dressing and serve warm with the salad.
excellent ! such a refreshing different salad. i am sharing with all my friends. thanks patsy