Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Ceviche and other raw fish preparations are very popular in the South Pacific. This version hails from Tonga. Posted for ZWT 7.
- 3⁄4 lb tuna, filets (sushi grade)
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 -3 hot red chili pepper, diced (Serrano or Thai)
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 cup lime juice, fresh
- 2 cups coconut milk, lite is preferred
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Chill all ingredients until cold, prior to making. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Season and serve immediately.The ota ika will separate if not eaten on the same day.
- Serve with additional chillies on the side.