1 hr 20 mins
The Mad Slovak's Note:
There are a lot of buckeye candy recipes floating around out there, but I have found this one to be the best. Very popular during the holidays especially. One warning, once served they will be devoured before you can blink an eye.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blend sugar, peanut butter and butter together thoroughly.
- 2Roll mixture into walnut-sized balls and insert a toothpick into each.
- 3Place balls on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet and then put them in the freezer for about 10 minutes, or until firm.
- 4Melt chocolate and paraffin in a double boiler.
- 5Holding onto the toothpick, dip each chilled peanut butter ball into the melted chocolate, leaving a small round area near the toothpick. This will be the "eye" of the buckeye. The dipping of each ball should be done quickly so the warm chocolate does not thaw the peanut butter too much. This can cause the ball to slide off the toothpick and into the chocolate.
- 6Place a fresh liner of waxed paper on the cookie sheet and put the buckeys on it. Refrigerate at least one-half hour before serving. You can then place the buckeyes in a container. For best results, keep them refrigerated until you serve them.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ohio State Buckeye Candy
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.5
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 4.9 mg
- Sodium 34.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: