Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Or Zulynez Gribnoy po-Odessky. These are very rich and very delicious and very simple to make. This comes from Russian Regional Recipies by Susan Ward.
- 3 1⁄2 ounces unsalted butter
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 lb button mushrooms or 1 lb chestnut mushroom, wiped and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon flour
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 fluid ounces sour cream
- 3 fluid ounces double cream
- 2 ounces grated cheddar cheese or 2 ounces caerphilly cheese or 2 ounces lancashire cheese
- Melt 2 oz of butter in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the scallions and saute briefly.
- Stir in the mushrooms and continue to cook for 5-6 minutes until the mushrooms are soft and getting brown.
- In a small bowl combine 1/2 oz butter with the flour, working it to a paste.
- Stir this paste into the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the Cream.
- Season to taste.
- Place the mushrooms into a casserole.
- Sprinkle the cheese and the remaining butter on top.
- Cook in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.