Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
here you go Taylor bugs this one is for you my baby girl...
- 4 hot dogs
- 1 (7 ounce) box macaroni and cheese mix
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter (not spread or tub product) or 1⁄4 cup margarine (not spread or tub product)
- Cut hot dogs in half lengthwise with sharp knife, starting each cut from the middle of the hot dog. make about 4 cuts in each hot dog. (This will form 4 "legs" of the "octopus.")
- If you would like you can make additional cuts to form 8 legs.
- Use mustard and/or ketchup to create the "eyes.".
- Add hot dogs to pot of boiling water and cook as directed on package, watching each hot dog turn into an octopus right before your eyes.
- Meanwhile, prepare macaroni as directed on pkg.
- Spoon macaroni into 4 small bowls; top each with an octopus.
- and now you have "octopus-n-cheese".
My nephew thinks I'm the greatest cook in the world thanks to this recipe! :) Too cute and kids LOVE it!