Recipe by Criscros63
A recipe that originally came from a Quaker Oats Cookbook. The original recipe makes a small batch we always triple it. This is a recipe that my family has made every year at Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is great for Kids to help with by shaping and decorating the finished cookies.
Top Review by Loves2Teach
To be honest, these were not my favorite. They had a strange taste when I finished making them. I am going to try again, and instead of the coffee/almond mix- I am going to try vanilla & cinnamon. Thanks for sharing.
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup oleo
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee (dissolve in Almond Ext.)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ingredients in a bowl. Dissolve the coffee in the Almond extract,then add to ingredients.
- Hands work the best for mixing.(kids can do it).
- Shape into logs or balls, or whatever shape.
- roll in Confectioner sugar, or any colored sugars, or sprinkles.