Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A tasty variation on the regular marshmallow squares, simple, quick and satisfying.
- 1 (16 ounce) package marshmallows
- 1⁄3 cup light margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (19 1/4 ounce) boxoatmeal raisin crisp cereal
- Spray a 9"x13" pan with non-stick spray.
- Mix the cinnamon and cereal in a large bowl (I like to crush them a bit while I'm doing this).
- Place bowl near the stove.
- In a very large pot, melt the margarine over low to medium heat.
- Add the marshmallows stirring constantly until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in vanilla (mixture cools rapidly).
- Add cinnamon/cereal mixture and stir quickly but thoroughly.
- Press evenly in pan (I usually end up spraying my hands with cooking spray and do this with my hands).
- When cool cut into 24 squares.
Made these with Oatmeal Almond Crisp cereal since DH does not like raisins and they were excellent! The addition of the vanilla and cinnamon gave it a more grown up flavor unlike rice crispy treats that just have the marshmallow. Will be making for our next family trip to the Dells since they should travel well! Made for Fall PAC 2008.
I didn't actually make this recipe from here, but rather, from either my Crazy Plates or Looneyspoons cookbook (love the Podleski sisters!) Either way, these square are yummy and a nice change from your regular Rice Krispie Squares!