1/4 Photos of Oatmeal Carmelitas
This is an often requested recipe that is easy to make and delicious to eat. Prepare it for your next potluck or bake sale.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups margarine or 1 1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping (1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1Heat oven to 350*.
- 2Grease 13x9 inch pan.
- 3In large bowl, blend all crust ingredients at low speed until crumbly.
- 4Press half of crumb mixture, about 3 cups, in bottom of greased pan.
- 5Reserve remaining crumb mixture for topping.
- 6Bake at 350* for 10 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, in small bowl combine caramel topping and 3 tbls.
- 8flour; set aside.
- 9Sprinkle warm crust with chocolate chips and nuts.
- 10Drizzle evenly with caramel mixture; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- 11Return to oven and bake an additional 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- 12Cool completely.
- 13Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or until filling is set.
- 14Cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Carmelitas
Serving Size: 1 (1666 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.8
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 156.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 2.1 g