1/7 Photos of Oatmeal Breakfast Cake
I clipped this from the newspaper, gave it a try and it's delicious! Very moist and flavorful, it could be served any time! After making it the original way first, I then tried it adding chopped walnuts and raisins and it was really good too! You could even drizzle it with a confectioners icing to dress it up. People are so creative, you could probably add just about anything to call it your own! :) Freezes well too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml old-fashioned oatmeal
- 236.59 ml graham cracker crumbs
- 177.44 ml brown sugar, packed
- 78.07 ml granulated sugar
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt (I omitted)
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil (I used light olive oil)
- 236.59 ml buttermilk
- 3 eggs (I substituted with egg beaters)
- 1Preheat oven to 350*.
- 2Coat a 12 cup bundt pan with cooking spray.
- 3Combine flour, oats, crumbs, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- 4In separate bowl, whisk together oil, buttermilk and eggs.
- 5Add buttermilk mixture to dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
- 6Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 7Bake 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 8Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- 9Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Breakfast Cake
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.5
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 40.2 mg
- Sodium 239.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 3.6 g