Recipe by Annacia
While I realize that whole wheat is a better choice for diabetics. As an insulin dependent diabetic myself I find this an acceptable recipe for a very occasional pancake urge. Top with a drizzle of no sugar added syrup or my favorite of unsweetened apple sauce.
- 295.73 ml unbleached all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml quick-cooking rolled oats
- 44.37 ml Splenda sugar substitute (or sugar)
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 354.88 ml enriched soymilk, plain or 354.88 ml vanilla
- about 5 tablespoons almond oil or corn oil, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- 2.46 ml cider or 2.46 ml white wine vinegar
- 118.29 ml slivered almonds, roasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together flour, oats, Splenda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together soy milk, 3 tablespoons oil, eggs, almond extract and vinegar.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ones and whisk just until mixed.
- Fold in almonds.
- Use some remaining oil to lightly grease a large skillet or griddle pan, and heat over medium heat. Ladle 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.
- Brown each cake on both sides, flipping once, and using more oil as necessary.