Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is so easy and so good! From Sweet Seasons of Taste!
- 1⁄2 cup nutella
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 6 large shredded wheat biscuits, broken up
- 1 cup hazelnuts (or cashews, almonds,etc.)
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 300* degrees.
- Boil Nutella, butter, honey, brown sugar, cinnamon, chocolate chips (if using), and water for 5 minutes.
- Put remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour the Nutella mixture over it, tossing to coat completely.
- Spread in a thin layer on a greased sheet pan lined with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until caramelized.
- Cool completely and break into bite size pieces.
- Store inan airtight container.
I did a half batch using raisins, pecans, hazelnuts & pepitas with the coconut. This is very tasty, quite like a chunked up trail mix, a good one to keep the hunger pangs at bay mid afternoon. Thanks Sharon!