Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From a Swiss magazine with a lot of very "Swiss" ingredients! Can be served simply with some green salad. Note: You can use your favorite pie crust or make a dough with 3/4 cup whole wheat flour, 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup vegetal oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/3 cup cold water.
- 1 crust pie dough (unsweetened)
- flour, to roll out
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, coarseley chopped
- 2 pears, cored and sliced
- 250 g gruyere or 250 g other swiss cheese, coarseley grated
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- salt, nutmeg and pepper to taste
- Roll out the dough (10-11 inches depending on you pie pan ) on a floured surface and transfer the dough to the pie pan.
- Preheat the oven at 350°F/180°C.
- Place pear slices on the dough and distribute the walnuts on them.
- Top with the grated cheese.
- In a bowl wish together milk with egg and add pepper, nutmeg and salt to taste (be careful with salt as the cheese is salted as well).
- Poor the egg mix on over the cheese.
- Bake about 40 minutes in the middle of the oven at 350°F/180°C and serve warm.
Loved your cheesecake recipe & will be keeping it around for a while, for sure! Used the Gruyere cheese as well as 3/4 cup of California walnuts, & it was delicious! Thanks so much for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]