Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe comes from an old boyfriend's mom when I was in college. A slight twist to the traditional Chex Party mix recipe.
- 2 lbs salted mixed nuts
- 1 (6 ounce) box Corn Chex
- 1 (6 ounce) box Wheat Chex
- 1 (6 ounce) box Rice Chex
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) box Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1 (7 ounce) bag small pretzels
- 1 (5 3/4 ounce) bagslim pretzel sticks
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) bag pretzel nuggets
- 2 cups vegetable oil (of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- In a large roaster pan, mix salted nuts, Corn Chex, Rice Chex, Wheat Chex, Cheerios, pretzel twists, pretzel sticks, and pretzel bits; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, and season salt; mix till combined.
- Spoon the seasoned oil mixture over the cereal/nut mixture until the cereal/nut mixture is evenly coated.
- Bake for 2 hours stirring the cereal/nut mixture every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Cool before storing cereal/nut mixture in an air-tight container.
I love this recipe, make it most years for Xmas, but I usually add a spoon of curry powder for bite. Sometime I use a little garlic-chilli sauce, either way it is a pleaser, especially with beer drinkers!!! and there are lots of those in Australia!!
These are delicious! I am a nuts and bolts lover and these rate five stars! I used melted butter instead of oil for a richer taste and since we don't have rice and corn Chex in Canada, I substituted Kellogg's Crispix. Everything else is great the way they are.
Another oldie but goodie recipe!! The only thing I changed was I just butter instead for oil.