I love Nutella, so when I came across this cookie, I had to try it! The cookie tastes great, but I wanted it to be less crispy, more chewy. It has a chocolate kiss in the center-I made the recipe as is, but next time I will leave out the kisses in some (not a huge fan of plain milk chocolate).
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt, whisk to combine.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Nutella, sugars and butter. Cream for about 3 minutes, then add the vanilla and egg. Blend until combined.
- Stir in dry ingredients just until combined.
- Shape cookie dough into walnut-sized balls, then roll into the extra sugar. Place on cookie sheet about 4 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 minutes, pull rack out and place a kiss into the center of each cookie. Cookie will get the cracks from this. Push rack back in and bake an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
I love Nutella so I was really excited about trying this recipe. I have to say that the Nutella flavor wasn't as strong as I had hoped. I don't care for Hershey's kisses so I used a small square of dark chocolate instead and put a hazelnut in the middle when they came out of the oven. They are a very tasty cookie, just not a very strong Nutella flavor.
These cookies are fantastic! I made a mistake by using white chocolate striped kisses instead of using the regular chocolate kisses. I thought it would look nice. Well, The white ones got little brown tips and never hardened back up. I had to stick them in the fridge to make the kisses harden. heh heh! USE REGULAR KISSES! They are nice and chewy and have a great flavor! I will definately bake them again with the regular kisses.
As I was making these, I was very sad to see the Nutella jar get so empty so quickly; however, these are fabulous and well worth it. I'm thinking about trying them with Hershey's caramel kisses next time. Thanks!