Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the Delicious Days blog at http://tinyurl.com/3vbe2s
Make and share this Nutella Banana Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 lb soft butter (1 stick)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup nutella
- 7 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 ounces dark chocolate or 6 ounces milk chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas and Nutella.
- In a second bowl, sift together baking soda, baking powder, and flour. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture by batches, alternating with the milk, until everything is combined.
- Grease a muffin tin, or use paper liners. Portion the batter into the muffin tin. Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 25-30 min or until a toothpick inserted in one muffin comes out dry and almost clean. Set tin on a baking rack for 15 minutes, then turn muffins out and leave on cooling rack until fully cooled.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler. When muffins are cool, spoon chocolate over the top of each muffin. When chocolate cools and sets, wrap each muffin and store in refrigerator.
GREAT! Came out perfect, not too sweet and the 12 muffins recipe had extra batter leftover. Thank you for this wonderful recipe!
Oh YUM! These are light and cake-y and so delicious that you don't need the topping. I subbed half the butter with applesauce and added a pinch of salt. Baked them for 20 minutes at 375. I got a dozen and a half, and had no problems getting them out of my silicone muffin pan.
These were yummy but overflowed from the muffin tin! I think I would make at least 16 muffins from this recipe. Had a bit of a mess in the oven and they were hard to get out of the pan, but worth the taste. Thanks!