Recipe by mailbelle
My family discovered some interesting new dishes in the three years we lived in Germany. Hope you enjoy this one!
- 5 cups medium egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 4 ounces shredded swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to package directions until tender.
- In another saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually add milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the spinach, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Drain noodles and add to spinach mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-quart baking dish; sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.