Chef #1153780's Note:
Love chicken and broccoli casserole but feel guilty about all the high fat ingredients? This is a lighter version that I developed to relieve the guilt! Don't worry--it's still full of flavor!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small diced onion
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 0.5 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 8 ounces fat free sour cream
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 (6 ounce) box seasoned stuffing mix
- 1Lightly steam broccoli florets and set aside.
- 2Sautee onions in olive oil, add chicken breasts to pan. Sear chicken breasts on both sides, add wine and cover until chicken is cooked almost through but a little pink in the center.
- 3Remove chicken from pan, add soup, tomatoes, sour cream, and milk, mixing thoroughly and heating til bubbly.
- 4Coat large baking dish with cooking spray, place chicken breasts in bottom, cover with drained broccoli florets and then pour soup mixture over. Sprinkle stuffing mix on top and lightly press into mixture.
- 5Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Taste/Mood Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Taste/Mood Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nouveau Chicken & Broccoli Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.8
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 72.4 mg
- Sodium 684.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 35.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat cream of mushroom soup