Recipe by carolbeck812
Love chicken and broccoli casserole but feel guilty about all the high fat ingredients? This is a lighter version that I developed to relieve the guilt! Don't worry--it's still full of flavor!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small diced onion
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 0.5 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 8 ounces fat free sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1 (6 ounce) box seasoned stuffing mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly steam broccoli florets and set aside.
- Sautee onions in olive oil, add chicken breasts to pan. Sear chicken breasts on both sides, add wine and cover until chicken is cooked almost through but a little pink in the center.
- Remove chicken from pan, add soup, tomatoes, sour cream, and milk, mixing thoroughly and heating til bubbly.
- Coat large baking dish with cooking spray, place chicken breasts in bottom, cover with drained broccoli florets and then pour soup mixture over. Sprinkle stuffing mix on top and lightly press into mixture.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.