Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Tasty macaroni, made with strong cheddar for extra zip! Great comfort food. Tastes best if topping is allowed to go "crunchy" and brown.
- Boil macaroni, do not overcook, should still be slightly firm.
- Drain pasta, mix in butter and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 1 to 2 cups shredded cheese, depending on how cheesy you like it.
- Add full can of stewed tomatoes, do not drain.
- Put into a greased casserole dish that has a cover.
- Cover with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, with the cover on, remove cover and bake another 45 minutes or until cheese is brown and crunchy.
I just made this for dinner, and it was wonderful! It is very close if not the same as my great granny used to make for every holiday dinner or family. I ended up using twice as much cheese as in the recipe but that may just be me :) The only other thing I did different, is I didn't leave it uncovered for 45 minutes, only about 20 minutes. Thank you so much for posting this recipe! well i wanted to add that since i have made this without doubling the cheese, and it was actually better. the first time around witht the extra cheese it was very good, but there was a lot of oil if the bottom of the casserole dish. who knew that sometimes more cheese isn't always better :)
Unexciting to eat.
I made this last weekend exactly as written using orange coloured old cheddar and spiral pasta. DH told me not to lose this recipe. That makes it a winner for me. Thankyou for posting