1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Chef #635694's Note:
Tasty macaroni, made with strong cheddar for extra zip! Great comfort food. Tastes best if topping is allowed to go "crunchy" and brown.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil macaroni, do not overcook, should still be slightly firm.
- 2Drain pasta, mix in butter and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Add 1 to 2 cups shredded cheese, depending on how cheesy you like it.
- 4Add full can of stewed tomatoes, do not drain.
- 5Put into a greased casserole dish that has a cover.
- 6Cover with remaining cheese.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, with the cover on, remove cover and bake another 45 minutes or until cheese is brown and crunchy.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Not Your Average Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 774.7
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.5 g
- Cholesterol 89.8 mg
- Sodium 911.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 29.8 g