I used to work in a little muffin/bagel shop and this was my absolute favorite thing we sold there. I've slightly tweaked it to my tastes and you're welcome to do the same. My personal favorite is to use Tomato+Basil bagels with this. Also, this is one of the 'chunky' versions of the recipe. If you don't like as much tomato or pepper in yours, don't add it. And if you like your peppers a little softer, precook them a bit before adding in the eggs. Pretty simple.
- Slice bagels, toast and set aside.
- Place sausage patties in a skillet and cook them on medium head until hot all the way through but not burnt. (If you have microwaveable sausage, that works just as well. Prepare it to specifications.).
- Take off heat and set to the side.
- Chop tomato and green pepper, place inside a medium sized bowl.
- In same bowl, crack the eggs and empty their insides into it.
- With a fork, whip until everything is mixed and eggs are fluffy.
- Melt a little butter on the bottom of the skillet and dump the eggs, tomatos, and peppers into it.
- Cook on medium heat, scraping the bottom occasionally so as not to burn the eggs.
- When the eggs are done they'll be firm but still a little moist.
- Place the bottom of one bagel on a plate and set a sausage patty on top of it.
- Take as many eggs as you want and place them on top of the sausage.
- While the eggs are still hot, place a piece of cheese on it to melt.
- Put the top of the bagel on the sandwich and enjoy!
This was so good! I used turkey links because that's all that I had and I split them for more coverage. I also used a mini red and a mini orange pepper along with the tomato. I had to stick an extra slice of cheese onto it too. ;) This was definitely a two fisted sandwich!! Thanks so much for posting!