Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From San Francisco's North Beach. Mouth-watering!! Needs to marinate 8-12 hours.
Top Review by diest
This rocks!! I've been meaning to do this one for a while. I marinated this for about 10 hours. The only change I would make the next time is to reduce the amount of oregano (just my personal preference) This was truly delicious. I can't wait to try this marinade on seafood. This chicken would make great wraps, chicken salad. Thank you. This is a keeper!!
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs (or 8 breast halves)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 9 ingredients in a heavy-duty plastic zip-top bag; seal and shake to combine the ingredients.
- Place the chicken pieces inside the bag; seal and marinate 8-12 hours in the refrigerator, turning occasionally.
- Remove from the refrigerator 1 hour before ready to cook.
- Remove chicken pieces from marinade and drain well.
- Place on a well greased grill rack, over medium-high heat.
- Grill, turning once, until the chicken is no longer pink (cook time will vary according to thickness of chicken pieces) usually 10-15 minutes.