Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is based on Pomme de Terre au Lard from "The Norman Table: The Traditional Cooking of Normandy" by Claude Guermont with Paul Frumkin. ISBN 0-684-18319-6. Copyright 1985 Claude Guermont and Paul Frumkin.
- Peel potatoes.
- Cut into approximately 1/2 inch dice.
- Rinse to get most of the starch out.
- Place in cold water.
- Par boil (just until water comes to a boil).
- Drain potatoes in a colander.
- Meanwhile, place bacon in frying pan.
- Fry bacon, until crisp. Remove bacon from pan.
- Drain Bacon.
- Place onion with bacon drippings and garlic clove in fry pan over low heat.
- Sweat onion and garlic for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add drained potato(es) to fry pan.
- Fry for approximately 20 minutes or until potato cubes become brown and crusty. Seasoning half way through with salt and crumbled bacon.
- Serve with flavored salt (the type you used to cook with).
I didn't rinse the potatoes to remove the starch. I omitted the salt cause the bacon was salty enough. And I omitted garlic. I liked the red onion with the potatoes and bacon. So yummy. Thanks Chef Sean :) Made for I recommend tag game
These came out like homefries my mom used to make. I seasoned with Morton's Natures Seasons. It did not direct to put the bacon back in but I crumbled it and sprinkled on top of the crisped potatoes, and loved this combination of onions and bacon. Thanks for posting Sean. made for PAC Spring 2010.
Now this is what I've always called Mom's potatoes. I never could duplicate them until this recipe. These are great skillet potatoes. Thanks!