Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posted as a request for someone looking for a non-dairy french onion type chip dip. I've not had this, but hope it is does the trick! Found on Fresh & Wild's website.
- 1 cup soft tofu
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Line a colander with several layers of paper towels.
- Allow tofu to drain in colander 5 to 10 minutes to remove excess water.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until golden.
- Add garlic and cook until it just begins to brown.
- Remove from heat.
- Place sautéed onions and garlic in mini-food processor and blend until almost smooth.
- Add drained tofu and blend until smooth.
- Add vinegar, parsley, salt, and pepper and blend just until well-mixed.
This recipe is divine...I love it and made it to dip my buffalo shrimp in as well as used it on a baked potato. I don't really care for tofu but this was perfection.
this dip tastes like the real deal, but needed a little tweaking both times i made it to get the flavors just right. i increased the recipe to use a full package of the tofu, and it made quite a bit of dip.