Recipe by Soup Fly *
Posted as a request for someone looking for a non-dairy french onion type chip dip. I've not had this, but hope it is does the trick! Found on Fresh & Wild's website.
- 1 cup soft tofu
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a colander with several layers of paper towels.
- Allow tofu to drain in colander 5 to 10 minutes to remove excess water.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until golden.
- Add garlic and cook until it just begins to brown.
- Remove from heat.
- Place sautéed onions and garlic in mini-food processor and blend until almost smooth.
- Add drained tofu and blend until smooth.
- Add vinegar, parsley, salt, and pepper and blend just until well-mixed.