Recipe by Healthy Lady
This is an easy and deliciously wonderful, dairy-free alternative to cream. A food processor is essential.
- 4 ounces raw cashews
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup water (start with the smaller quantity)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maple syrup (truly, only a dash!)
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract (start with a very small amount)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak cashew's overnight, then drain.
- Whiz all the ingredients around in a food processor, scraping down the sides as necessary. Adjust consistency and flavour by using more or less water and/or sweetener and vanilla.
- Most excellent served with cake. If you are going to pipe it, stick in freezer for 15 minutes to allow to harden slightly.