Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I made this recipe up after searching the internet for Fat Free Kulfi. It is based upon the recipe by Monica Bhide, from her book The Spice is Right- Indian Cooking for Today. You can find the original recipe at fabulousfoods.com.
- 3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 2⁄3 cups water
- 1 1⁄3 cups Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 large peeled diced mango
- Blend all ingredients in blender.
- Pour evenly among 17 ice cream pop molds and insert sticks.
- Freeze at least 4 hours.
- Betcha can't eat just one, I couldn't.
Wow. I have never had kulfi before and in fact had never heard of it before. But, in trying to find recipes to use up some things in my fridge, came across this recipe to use my mango and my fat free half and half. This is so creamy and decadent tasting with a mellow mango taste. Would be fabulous in the summertime. I only had 14 popsicle molds and I drank the rest as a thick decadent smoothie. The kids did not enjoy but oh well, more for me!