Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I came up with a delicious, fast, and easy way to cook ribs with just an oven and a grill in just over 2 hours. They are surprisingly tender and just about fall off the bone.
- 2 -3 baby back rib racks, about 4 lbs each
- steak seasoning, of choice
- barbecue sauce, of choice
- Turn broiler on high and arrange top rack to just above center of oven. Allow at least 5 minutes for broiler to heat up.
- Place ribs in broiler safe cookware, fat side up, uncovered. Season lightly with steak seasoning.
- Place under broiler for 20 minutes. Flip over and repeat for 20 more minutes.
- Remove ribs and turn oven to 350. Cover tightly with foil 2 or 3 layer. No holes please!
- Place covered ribs in oven for 1hr 20 minute.
- 20 minutes before done it is time to ignite the charcoal. Allow to just grey over. Spread evenly.
- Remove ribs from oven, season liberaly with seasoning, add thin layer of bbq sauce.
- Throw on hot grill 6-8 inches from heat on bbq side. Season other side while on grill. Add bbq sauce to other side just before turning, about 5 minutes or till crispy/cooked to your liking. I like mine charred a bit.
- When 2nd side is done to your liking just pull off grill and allow to set for 5 to 10 minutes.
These were REALLY GOOD & are my new way of making ribs....HOWEVER, I did cut the broiling time in half to 10 minutes...PERFECT!!! THANKS for sharing!!!