No-Regrets Chocolate Snacking Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly coat a 9-by-12-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine next 6 ingredients (flour through salt). Mix well with a fork to break up brown sugar. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine buttermilk, egg whites, melted margarine and vanilla. Mix on low speed until blended.
- Gradually beat in boiling water.
- Then slowly add flour mixture and, again, mix on low speed until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan on a wire rack.
- Sift confectioners' sugar over top just before slicing.