Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
One of my quick and easy meals. I used to buy creamed mushrooms in a can, but the preservatives make me ill so I backwards engineered this version. I love it on jacket spuds, hot granary toast (with lashings of butter), on rice and mixed with pasta.
- 1 lb mushroom
- 2⁄3 cup double cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Quarter the mushrooms and set aside.
- In a pan heat the cream until warm but do not boil.
- heat the oil and butter in a frying pan (the oil stops the butter burning) and fry the mushrooms and garlic to your preferred brownness.
- Add the cream, and nutmeg and cook for 5 minutes.
- At this stage extra herbs can be added is desired. e.g. 1/2 cup cilantro, tarragon. some red chilli flakes etc.
- Serve how desired.