Recipe by hn2978
Warm, aromatic yeast bread, hot from the oven—with no kneading, AND in under 2 hours
Top Review by Feisty Redhead
This is a fantastic recipe! I was really in the mood for some focaccia but didn't feel like having to wait several hours to make some, and this recipe was the perfect solution! Extremely fast and simple to make - I baked mine on my baking stone rather than in a pan, and it turned out perfectly. This recipe is a keeper for sure - thanks so much for sharing it!
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus additional
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast or 2 (4 teaspoon) packets active dry yeast
- italian seasoning (optional) or dried herbs, of your choice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease a 9" x 13" pan, and drizzle 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil in the bottom.
- Combine all of the ingredients, and beat at high speed with an electric mixer for 60 seconds.
- Scoop the sticky batter into the prepared pan, cover the pan, and let it rise at room temperature for 60 minutes, till it's become puffy.
- While the dough is rising, preheat the oven to 375°F
- Gently poke the dough all over with your index finger.
- Drizzle it lightly with olive oil, and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, and/or the dried herbs of your choice, if desired.
- Bake the bread till it's golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven, wait 5 minutes, then turn it out of the pan onto a rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.