1/3 Photos of No-Fat Gravy
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
This is a very easy and quick NO FAT gravy to make. No fuss and you do not have to worry about the gravy going lumpy. I developed this recipe almost 20 years ago using my homemade chicken broth or vegetable broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups fat free chicken broth or 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, include liquid
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chicken soup base
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons instant potato flakes (Idaho)
- 1In a large frying pan, add broth, mushrooms and liquid and bring to boil.
- 2Add pepper, garlic powder, chicken soup base, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce, stir to blend.
- 3While still at boil, add potato flakes stirring constantly until gravy thickens to a desired consistency.
- 4Use additional instant potato flakes if gravy is too thin.
- 5If gravy gets too thick, add small amounts of water.
- 6Adjust seasonings to taste.
- 7If you desire a brown color, add a few drops of (Bovril, beef concentrate).
- 8This gravy is excellent with roasts or chicken.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Fat Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 18.3
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 388.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 1.1 g