Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
easist challah ever -- my bread machine has a quick dough cycle in which only one rise happens -- it is only used for quick yeast. time does not include rise time
- Place all ingredients ( except second egg and poppy seeds) in bread machine pan.
- For dough cycle -- use 1 1/2 tsp yeast
- For Quick Dough Cycle---.
- ( NOT QUICK BREAD) use 2 tsp quick yeast.
- Run dough cycle and remove dough.
- On floured board shape dough into 3 long rolled pieces.
- Put braid on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Let rise at least 1 hour.
- Beat egg and use paintbrush to paint challah braid.
- Sprinkle poppy seeds.
- Bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees 20 minutes or more ( until golden brown).
I would like to try this one and it looks easy enough. I'll see how I do with it and submit my pic.