Recipe by Chef Chocoholic
I completely made up this recipe. I haven't made anything big with it it, but let a few small pieces dry overnight. They didn't crack, and seemed to hold up pretty well. The clay is kinda stiff strait from the fridg, but the more you work with it, the softer it gets. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 -6 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oil
- food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve the salt in the water.
- Stir in the cream of tarter, oil, and food coloring.
- Stir in 4 teaspoons flour, then add 1-2 teaspoons more so that it is slightly sticky.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead.
- Keep kneading until you get a soft clay. You can add more or less flour to get the desired stiffness.
- I store this in our leftover 1 oz. playdough containers in the refrigerator.