Recipe by Seasoned Cook
Easily ADDICTIVE! These colorful bars provide crunchiness, energy and a cure for the munchies! Great for lunchboxes, hikes, trips or after a workout at the gym. Our hands can't stay out of the cookie jar on these!
Top Review by michelles3boys
These bars are really good. They remind me a lot of Recipe #63131, but without the big crunch (the others are made with Grape-nuts cereal). The only change I made was to use 1/2 cup corn syrup, and 1/4 cup of honey. I think the honey adds a great flavor to the bars. Thanks for sharing your wonderful recipe, I will definitely be making these again!
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1⁄2 cup craisins (dried cranberries)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 3⁄4 cup almonds, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 9 x 13 inch sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix rolled oats, cereal, craisins, coconut and almonds in a large bowl. Set aside. (I cut the coconut with two knives so it will not be stringy.)
- In a saucepan, mix corn syrup and brown sugar. Bring to a boil while stirring. Add peanut butter and vanilla. Stir just to blend well.
- Pour over oats and fruit mixture. Stir and mix well. Press mixture firmly onto pan. (I place a piece of wax paper on top while pressing hard.) Let cool and cut into bars. Store in air-tight container. Freezes well, if securely wrapped.