Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
Easily ADDICTIVE! These colorful bars provide crunchiness, energy and a cure for the munchies! Great for lunchboxes, hikes, trips or after a workout at the gym. Our hands can't stay out of the cookie jar on these!
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1⁄2 cup craisins (dried cranberries)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 3⁄4 cup almonds, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Line a 9 x 13 inch sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix rolled oats, cereal, craisins, coconut and almonds in a large bowl. Set aside. (I cut the coconut with two knives so it will not be stringy.)
- In a saucepan, mix corn syrup and brown sugar. Bring to a boil while stirring. Add peanut butter and vanilla. Stir just to blend well.
- Pour over oats and fruit mixture. Stir and mix well. Press mixture firmly onto pan. (I place a piece of wax paper on top while pressing hard.) Let cool and cut into bars. Store in air-tight container. Freezes well, if securely wrapped.
These bars are really good. They remind me a lot of 'Get Up & Go' Bars, but without the big crunch (the others are made with Grape-nuts cereal). The only change I made was to use 1/2 cup corn syrup, and 1/4 cup of honey. I think the honey adds a great flavor to the bars. Thanks for sharing your wonderful recipe, I will definitely be making these again!
I've never had a lot of success with 'no bake' granola bars...until now. This is a terrific recipe. So easy and quick to make. I didn't have everything specified in the recipe, but was able to substitute nicely. That's the beauty of a recipe like this. I didn't have enough craisins, so added some diced dates, pecans in place of the almonds, and because it goes so well with peanut butter, I threw in some milk chocolate chips. Thanks Seasoned Cook for a wonderful treat. Made for the Auzzie/NZ Recipe Swap #26
These are awesome!! I love, love, love cranberry and almond together. I followed the recipe almost exactly, the only change was I replaced the vanilla with almond extract. So good.