Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have been working on this recipe for about a year now. I had several bananas were extremely ripe and I needed a recipe to use them. I was on the search for something healthy but still tastes good. I took several recipes that I had and kind of put them together.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- I use my kitchenaid for this -mix melted butter with bananas.
- Add egg, vanilla, baking soda, salt, and Flax seed meal and mix well.
- add flour and the chocolate chips last.
- Pour into sprayed muffin tins, (I use a LARGE muffin tin and this recipe yields 6 large muffins).
- Bake 45 mins or until a tooth pick comes out clean (the 45 mins is for the LARGE muffins).
- Please note: I always add the flax seed meal and I try to remember the chocolate chips because it just gives them a little something extra (they tent to taste a little dry without the chocolate chips). I have omitted the sugar completely since I use VERY ripe bananas (if you want to add sugar it is 1 cup that I started with and then went to 1/2 cup and then reduced to none). I am slowly reducing the butter in this recipe, recently I reduced it to 2 tablespoons per batch. I always double if not triple this recipe!
I tried making these without any sugar and they were super dry, I also was not thrilled about the texture. I did use the flax seed meal and the chocolate chips. One thing going for them they were healthy. So sorry!