Recipe by DrGaellon
My interpretation of a Nigella Lawson recipe as shown on her "Nigella Express" series.
Top Review by Red Chef Mama
These were good, I loved the prosciutto in them over regular ham. In fact it gave such a nice flavor I don't think I will ever use regular ham in my quesadillas again. I did leave the onions and jalepenos out to make it more kid friendly. So we had them with the prosciutto, shredded cheddar cheese and dipped them in salsa. Thanks, I will make this one again!
- 1 (6 inch) soft flour tortillas
- 2 slices serrano ham or 2 slices prosciutto, preferred
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup grated cheese, any type you like
- 1⁄2 scallion, sliced fine
- 3 -4 slices pickled jalapeno peppers, minced (from a jar)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a stovetop griddle or skillet.
- Place ham over the entire surface of the tortilla. Cover 1/2 the surface with cheese, scallion and jalapeno. Fold tortilla over.
- Brush both sides with oil. Place on griddle (or skillet) and cook until grill marks appear (or it turns brown), 1-2 minutes per side.
- Cut into 3-4 wedges and serve.