Recipe by MarraMamba
mmmmmmm.... :yummy: only 5 ingredients, what can be easier-and one of those is optional!
Top Review by rosslare
Amazing! This is technically more like a giant chocolate truffle than a cake. I did add 30 ml sugar as my chocolate was of a bitter kind. I also added some orange extract, just for fun. Mine didn't form any sauce, by the way, but was nice and firm as a truffle. No whipped cream for us, thank you, rich enough without it. Fresh fruit or berries might be nicer alongside.
- 200 g 70% dark chocolate
- 300 ml cream
- 30 ml brandy
- 30 ml cocoa powder (sieved)
- whipped cream, to serve with (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl over some simmering water. The water must not keep boiling while the chocolate is melting.
- Now lightly heat the cream and brandy together. Pour into the melted chocolate. Stir well. Now add the cocoa powder mix well.
- Using a small baking pan layer with wax paper. Also grease the pan well. Now add the cake mixture. Place the cake in the fridge until firm, take the cake out just before you want to serve it. Place on a nice cake tray, there will be some chocolate sauce at the bottom. Serve with some whipped cream.