Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
mmmmmmm.... :yummy: only 5 ingredients, what can be easier-and one of those is optional!
- 200 g 70% dark chocolate
- 300 ml cream
- 30 ml brandy
- 30 ml cocoa powder (sieved)
- whipped cream, to serve with (optional)
- Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl over some simmering water. The water must not keep boiling while the chocolate is melting.
- Now lightly heat the cream and brandy together. Pour into the melted chocolate. Stir well. Now add the cocoa powder mix well.
- Using a small baking pan layer with wax paper. Also grease the pan well. Now add the cake mixture. Place the cake in the fridge until firm, take the cake out just before you want to serve it. Place on a nice cake tray, there will be some chocolate sauce at the bottom. Serve with some whipped cream.
Amazing! This is technically more like a giant chocolate truffle than a cake. I did add 30 ml sugar as my chocolate was of a bitter kind. I also added some orange extract, just for fun. Mine didn't form any sauce, by the way, but was nice and firm as a truffle. No whipped cream for us, thank you, rich enough without it. Fresh fruit or berries might be nicer alongside.
What a decadent chocolate treat! Thanks for sharing! ZWT6
Made this as a gift (well, most of it anyway!) for a neighbor couple since they do love their chocolate & their alcohol! I hesitate to acknowledge it as a cake, but then, it certainly is something different! If I'd have kept it here at home, I'd have eaten most of it by the spoonful (LARGE spoonful, at that)! This is definitely an unusual something that would go well on my finger food counter that I set out a couple of times a month when I host groups! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed while in Great Britain with ZWT6]