Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
this came from Mr. Food's quick and easy diabetic cooking
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk (skim)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 24 maraschino cherries, drained with 2 tsp. liquid reserved
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, in a medium bowl, beat the butter and 3/4°C confectioners sugar until creamy, stir in the flour, milk, vanilla and salt; mix well.
- Shape into 24 balls, press each ball around a cherry and place on an ungreased baking sheet, bake for 18-20 minutes or until light golden, cool on a wire rack.
- Place 2 TBS confectioners sugar in a shallow dish and roll the bonbons until lightly coated.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/4 C confectioners sugar and the 2 tsp reserved cherry liquid; mix well, place in a resealable plastic storage bag, cut a small corner off the bag and drizzle the glaze over the bonbons.
- Allow the bonbons to cool until the glaze is firm, then serve, or store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
I got this recipe off of TOH.com with the only difference being the icing directions. I cooked them at 325 degrees for 18 minutes. I elected not to use the icing recipe listed here or there and used Recipe #273428. I subbed in two tablespoons of the maraschino cherry juice for the liquid called for in the recipe and omitted the vanilla. I made these for a Breast Cancer 50 Shades of Pink Bake Sale.