1/1 Photo of New Zealand's Maple and Orange Crêpes
Baby Kato's Note:
This recipe has been submitted for play in ZWT8 – Australia/New Zealand. The recipe was found at Wattie’s - Food in a Minute website. Here’s a delicious dessert to impress, serve with delicious Orange and Maple Syrup Sauce. Crepes may be pre-made and frozen. If freezing, place a sheet of grease proof paper between each crepe, when cold wrap tightly in cling film and freeze. To serve, thaw and heat for a few seconds in the microwave, fold and cover with the hot Maple and Orange Sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Maple and Orange Sauce
- 2Sift the flour into a mixing bowl, make a well in the centre and add eggs and milk, beating together until smooth.
- 3Pour into a jug and stand for 30 minutes.
- 4Heat a small crêpe or frying pan and brush with a little melted butter.
- 5Tilt the pan slightly and pour in enough batter to just cover the base and cook for 1-2 minutes over medium heat until the surface of the crêpe starts to ‘dry out’.
- 6Carefully flip the crêpe to brown the other side and transfer to a plate. Place a layer of greaseproof paper between each crêpe to stop them sticking together.
- 7Maple and Orange Sauce:.
- 8In a saucepan heat the maple syrup, butter, orange zest and juice and bring to a boil and continue cooking until the sauce is reduced by one third.
- 9Then remove the pot from the heat and stir in the brandy.
- 10To serve, fold the crêpes into quarters and place on a serving platter, pour the syrup over the sauce and serve with ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New Zealand's Maple and Orange Crêpes
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.6
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 116.6 mg
- Sodium 121.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 29.6 g
- Protein 9.3 g