Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe has been submitted for play in ZWT8 – Australia/New Zealand. The recipe was found at Wattie’s - Food in a Minute website. Here’s a delicious dessert to impress, serve with delicious Orange and Maple Syrup Sauce. Crepes may be pre-made and frozen. If freezing, place a sheet of grease proof paper between each crepe, when cold wrap tightly in cling film and freeze. To serve, thaw and heat for a few seconds in the microwave, fold and cover with the hot Maple and Orange Sauce.
- 236.59 ml flour
- 2 eggs
- 300 ml milk
Maple and Orange Sauce
- 118.29 ml maple syrup
- 25 g butter
- 1 orange, grated zest (of 1 orange)
- 118.29 ml orange juice
- 29.58 ml brandy (optional)
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl, make a well in the centre and add eggs and milk, beating together until smooth.
- Pour into a jug and stand for 30 minutes.
- Heat a small crêpe or frying pan and brush with a little melted butter.
- Tilt the pan slightly and pour in enough batter to just cover the base and cook for 1-2 minutes over medium heat until the surface of the crêpe starts to ‘dry out’.
- Carefully flip the crêpe to brown the other side and transfer to a plate. Place a layer of greaseproof paper between each crêpe to stop them sticking together.
- Maple and Orange Sauce:.
- In a saucepan heat the maple syrup, butter, orange zest and juice and bring to a boil and continue cooking until the sauce is reduced by one third.
- Then remove the pot from the heat and stir in the brandy.
- To serve, fold the crêpes into quarters and place on a serving platter, pour the syrup over the sauce and serve with ice cream.
A very quick and easy dessert. Absolutely delicious! I will add salt next time though, the crepes were a little flat tasting. Thanks for posting!
very good crepe recipe even though mr picky said it was only 1 pancake ( there were about 6 layers) i used 1 1/4 c milk and 2 Tablespoons butter for syrup. the syrup tasted nutty to me like pecans it was good if you have large eater like i do double recipe or fill them with something orangey .cause it didnt fill him up and then ate my chozio hashbrowns for my burrito claiming they were to hot but didnt give them back
Delicious and easy! I cut the recipe in half...there was plenty of syrup in fact I had some left over...this made a very tasty dessert...it's not overly sweet...just the way I like my desserts...made for FYC tag game...