- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package yeast
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix water, milk, brown sugar, salt and shortening with an electric mixer on a low speed for about 1 minute.
- Add corn meal, olive oil and yeast, and continue mixing it for one minute. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining flour and mix it with your hands.
- Turn the dough out on a lightly floured surface and knead the dough about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Form the dough into a ball and place it on the table around a warm place. Let it rest about 45 minutes to 1 hour.