Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
keep these in the fridge a day before cutting, if you can, then place squares in airtight container if there are any left...
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and parchment line a 11 x 8 inch brownie pan.
- Melt the dark chocolate and the butter until melted and creamy.
- Set aside.
- Chop the milk chocolate, and set aside.
- Beat the eggs and sugar well, then add in the melted dark chocolate and butter.
- Stir in the self rise flour.
- Stir in the chopped milk chocolate.
- Pour into pan and bake 35 minutes, or until just done, still shiney on top.
- The original recipe says to preheat to 375 degrees and bake 40 minutes--.
- Remove and cool in pan completely.
- Place in fridge overnight covered for easier cutting.
- thats if they last that long--.
I made these late Saturday night and refrigerated to take to the beach on Sunday. Wonderful. Enjoyed by kids and adults, alike.
The best brownie ! i didn't have any muscovado sugar so i usedhomemade brown sugar instead, and added some toastes hazelnuts, thank you very much i'll make this again for sure !
WOW!! I'd never used muscavado sugar before and what a great addition! The taste/ texture is out of this world. Very rich and fantastic warmed! I chilled mine in the freezer for 10 minutes before cutting (I was impatient...)