Recipe by lindseylcw
A Cypriot style of cooking with coriander seeds and wine. Delicious served with Greek style lamb dishes.
- 1 kg tiny new potatoes, leave skins on
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 3 teaspoons coriander seeds, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Choose even sized potatoes, wash well and dry. Crack each potato by hitting sharply with a mallet or rolling pin.
- heat oil in a large fry pan with a fitting lid, add potatoes and fry over high heat to brown lightly, turning frequently.
- reduce heat add wine, salt and pepper to taste. cover tightly and simmer gently on low heat for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Shake pan occasionally.
- Sprinkle crushed coriander seeds over potatoes, recover and simmer for further 2 minutes.