Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this from Weight Watchers and my family LOVES it. The fight is on for any leftovers! It calls for Cajun seasoning, but I use Old Bay and like it better.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ham steak, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook until tender.
- Add ham and cook about 4-5 minutes.
- Add beans, seasoning and broth. Continue to cook over a low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Serve over prepared rice.
i make this at least once a week!the old bay is perfect as a seasoning. i left out the bell pepper since i hate them and wouldn't want to knock a star down, and i usually leave out the ham since i don't always have it. thanks for posting :)