Recipe by Cori Wall
This recipe came from New England, I always loved it as a child and when I decided to make it for the first time for my husband, It brought me back to New England in one bite :)
- 1⁄2 large white onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 (16 ounce) bags frozen spinach
- 3 -4 cans crescent roll dough
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- olive oil (optional)
- 2 containers ricotta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat your oven to 350.
- Use the TBSP of butter to lightly grease the bottom and the sides of your casserole dish.
- Chop onions and garlic into small to medium pieces and sautee them in remaining butter or Olive oil.
- Once onions are transparent, and garlic is LIGHTLY browned, add your bags of frozen spinach.
- While spinach is steaming with the onions and garlic, break open your cresent roll dough tubes.
- Smooth together the cerrated edges in dough and cover bottom and sides if casserole dish.
- Puncture dough with fork, and bake until golden brown.
- Once crust is out of the oven, press down with CLEAN dishtowel until flat.
- Stir spinach and ricotta cheese together in large bowl and add into casserole dish.
- Use remaining cresect roll dough to the top of casserole dish.
- Make small slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 350 for 30-45 mins, or until a knife or fork comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and ENJOY!