Recipe by looneytunesfan
Looking for a fun treat for a spring bake sale or Easter celebration? These adorable breakfast cereal nests topped with jelly beans and marshmallow chicks are sweet, chewy and sure to disappear quickly.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon water
- 4 drops green food coloring
- 1 1⁄2 cups flaked coconut
- 6 cups Corn Pops cereal
- 1⁄2 cup jelly beans
- 16 marshmallow peeps
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine marshmallows and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth.
- Meanwhile, in a small resealable plastic bag, combine water and food coloring. Add coconut; seal bag and shake to tint. Set aside.
- Place the cereal in a large bowl; add marshmallow mixture and stir until combined.
- Press into greased muffin cups.
- Remove nests from cups; top with tinted coconut, jelly beans and Peeps.