Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is from a cookbook put together by the local country-western radio station as a fund-raiser. It is from Rebecca Holden. Very Rich!
- Mix together cake mix, eggs and butter until well combined.
- Pat into greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Combine powdered sugar, eggs, and cream cheese with electric mixer, and mix well.
- Pour evenly over cake mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
- Serve warm, with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream (chocolate is just TOO chocolaty!).
Made a version of this cake that included 1/2 cup of chopped nuts mixed into the german chocolate cake mix. Fun, tasty variation of the basic gooey butter cake.
Very good and rich! I served with raspberry ripple ice cream and it was sooo good! A definite keeper!